Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Jumping-Off-the-Cliff Time Once Again

I am supposed to be reading journal articles on indigenous pre-school education. Operative phrase: supposed to be. So this is me being avoidant. 

So avoidant that I would rather compose a blog entry right on my Multiply page (which I never do) instead of typing it on Word first than think of what I need to think about.

So avoidant that I would rather organize old receipts or do something equally mechanical than think about all these thoughts running in my head.

I hate that feeling, that moment when you are on the edge of the cliff and you know that you have to jump. But there is that great battle raging inside of you--play safe or dare to do something you have never done before.

Aaaagh. So this is me wishing it was easier to take a step of faith into the unknown than be safe and comfortable in my comfort zone.

And so I share Francesa Battistelli's "I'm Letting Go" lyrics as this seems to be the theme song of my life right now.

My heart beats standing on the edge
My feet have finally left the ledge
Like an acrobat
There's no turing back

I'm letting go of the life I've planned for me
And my dreams
I'm losing control of my destiny
It feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
So I'm letting go

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

Giving in to gravity
Knowing you are holding me
I'm not afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment