Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fourth Anniversary

Day 32 of 100 Happy Days

Today is my fourth anniversary at work. I can't believe it has been four years already since I moved to Davao to work for this indigenous community and leadership development non-government organization. It feels like it has been a very long time and very short as well.

I am so blessed to have experienced and learned so many things in the past four years that I sometimes wonder how often it happens that a job can combine all your life passions.

Here is an excerpt of an email I sent to The Boss when I accepted the job offer four years ago:
Just so you have an idea of why I (and my accountability partners) think this job is so awesome, I shall share with you my "triad of life passions". The things in my triad did not materialize overnight. I got to realize my passions over a period of years. Looking back at how God led me to where I am now and what I have been doing and what I could be doing, I cannot help but praise Him. I praise God that He is showing me how He can give us the desires of our heart if we delight in Him first.
I am very happy. It's a sober kind of happy. It's not the giddy I-think-I-found-my-dream-job kind of happy. It's the it-feels-great-to-be-able-to-commit-to-something-for-the-long-haul kind of happy. And I am thankful for it.

Highlights from the past four years (clockwise): Bringing an Obo Manobo team over to Northeast India to join the Tribal Christian Gathering; New Zealand Osmosis; living up in Mt Apo for 10 months; and organizing the first Indigenous Theological Symposium in Mindanao

I also felt it very fitting that today, I was back in UP to conduct a training for the fourth batch of our Osmosis participants. :) The university that challenged me to fight for social justice and to give back to my fellowmen through serving the marginalized in the country is where I was on the day I celebrated four years of building pathways for holistic transformational development to take place in indigenous communities. Yes, that was a mouthful. I don't know how else to say it. Haha.
The University of the Philippines Diliman, College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. My home for four years of undergraduate studies in the university

No comments:

Post a Comment