Thursday, April 3, 2014

Remembering Papa Johnny

Day 34 of 100 Happy Days

This morning, we had a memorial service for my grandfather's 10th death anniversary. People shared what they remember most about Papa and his impact in each of our lives.

I will always remember Papa as a great story teller. I always looked forward to going to Dumaguete in the summers or him and Mommy going to Cebu for conferences because I knew Papa would always sit with my brother and I and tell us funny and exciting adventure stories. I can't remember most of them but I remember that he was a very animated story teller. I was transported to a different world every time he started telling his stories!

Another memory of Papa that I will never forget is of him and Mommy having morning walks to Silliman Beach. They would let me and my brother come along. Watching them together, in the wee hours of the morning, always made me feel secure. It also gave me a lot of hope. Just the picture of two people growing old together makes you believe in love that is "till death do us part." Papa and Mommy did that for me. :)

Early morning memorial service at the cemetery with family and close friends

No comments:

Post a Comment