Saturday, March 1, 2014

100 Happy Days

The 100 Happy Days Project is a challenge to people to intentionally "see" the good things in life. The idea is to upload a photo of what made you happy each day for 100 days in a row. I am not really a fan of the social network options so I am uploading my photos on this blog.

Here's Day 1 for me! :)

Dry Martini with Co-Worker

I met up for drinks with a former co-worker tonight. Co-Worker had to leave the job quite abruptly because of the need to personally attend to family business. We didn't even get the chance to say goodbye! Co-Worker just sent Boss an email and stopped showing up for work. We haven't seen each other in three months.

Now that the family business craziness has mellowed and the office is beginning to transition with three new staff (one replacing Co-Worker), I just felt the need to meet up with Co-Worker to establish some sort of closure and to share updates on where we are now in our respective endeavors.

It was a happy occasion because, given that I am slow to form relationships, I have realized that Co-Worker and I have really become friends outside of work. Work is good but if interactions are strictly work related and work-induced then there isn't really enough space for depth to develop. I enjoyed hearing about Co-Worker's present job, wedding plans, relocation plans, and family life. Lots of work-related conversations too but it was refreshing to not talk about work tasks.

Here's to forming deeper friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment