Saturday, March 22, 2014

Throwing in the Towel

Day 21 of 100 Happy Days

What made me happy today was having an AirAsia representative call me to rebook my flights. I am supposed to fly out of Davao in April for a family reunion but they have suspended their flights from their Davao hub.

I was supposed to go to their ticketing office and get it done because their call center hotline is ALWAYS busy. Unfortunately, I have been working 10- to 14-hour days this week so was never able to go to their ticketing office. And then "Arnold" from AirAsia called me! And re-routed/rebooked my flights. So no need to go to the office and queue!

But the REALLY good thing that happened today was me "throwing in the towel." This is not a "happy" thing but it is a GOOD thing. There just comes a point in a person's life when the person says, "Enough." And that's what I did today. I decided that there are things and people who are more deserving of my energies and personal investment. There are things that shouldn't cause me pain and heartache anymore and the only way to make the "pain and heartache" stop is to walk away from the battles that are no longer worth fighting. Sometimes you have to "lose" in order to truly win. Walking away from the battle frees me to pour out my life on things and people who will be more appreciative of who I am and who will accept me for being me.

Today, I said, "Enough!" and walked away with my sanity intact and my head held high.


No comments:

Post a Comment