Thursday, March 20, 2014

Words of Affirmation

Day 20 of 100 Happy Days

My (receiving) love language is words of affirmation. Nothing fuels me more than hearing people tell me I am good. It's different when people talk about your output/product and say that it is good. That's not what I need. Haha. I think it's because I know that my output/product will always be good. I will never turn in substandard work. And that is what I like to hear. That I am good because I never turn in substandard work. Because I put my heart into what I do. Because that is who I am. I like hearing words of affirmation about me (not about my output/product). LOL.

God has blessed me with such an amazing family and faith community who know me really well. People who will look at a screen shot of my work and say, "You are a great lay out artist" or "You've worked really hard and that should be appreciated." Amazing words of encouragement at the end of a 10-hour work day. :)

I'm sure some other kick ass lay out artist will do a much better job but considering I just learned how to use InDesign... This is an amazing feat I should say. And my family and friends agree so that's all the opinion that matters. LOL.

UPDATE: And then my cousin sends me a super encouraging message! My heart is full. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment