Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Legacy of Love and Acceptance

Day 13 of 100 Happy Days



I was writing my younger brother an email and it it just struck me that our parents have always loved and accepted us for who we are. We were never told to be something else in order to be loved. We are never told to achieve this and that in order to be accepted.

We were never told not to do this or that as well. Our parents have always encouraged us to rely on our personal inner compasses. To think, make decisions, and act based on Christ's life within us. They have never presumed to take the place of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I am blessed. Because their unconditional love and acceptance have brought me to where I am now today. They have allowed me to explore and take flight and have always welcomed me home no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment