Saturday, March 22, 2014

Endorphins

Day 22 of 100 Happy Days


Today was swim day for me. I have a love-hate relationship with swimming. I like it as exercise because it's in the water, meaning less impact on my knees and lower back, but the water dries my skin and hair (yes, I'm quite vain in that aspect). So I only do it twice a month.

I have to bring a team of four students up the mountains of Davao in two weeks for a community immersion and I AM OUT OF SHAPE. I have been out of shape for the last two years. Haha. But I am slightly worried about this coming trip. I really feel that my heart is going to give way. LOL. So I have been slowly doing my cardio exercises. "Slowly" is the operative word. :)

A friend joined me for my day's exercise. But what made me SUPER happy was having Friend there to debrief me with all the busyness that has been going on with my work, to offer insight on how I can make my program designs better, to encourage me to dream new things, and to challenge me to pursue the other things that are close to my heart. We talked until it was time for dinner and we chanced upon this nice little restaurant!

Today was an endorphins-filled day. Happy!

Diners have a variety of options on where to sit :) Each "table" is unique!

Our own hut!

No comments:

Post a Comment