Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Triumphing Over My INFJ Self

Day 5 of 100 Happy Days

My personality type has always been INFJ for as long as I can remember. One of the weaknesses of INFJs is being extremely private. It has always been difficult for me to meet people and build new friendships because I don't know how to make "small talk."

Today, I was on a meeting with someone who volunteered for one of our organization's projects. I "had" to meet with Volunteer to share updates on the project, to invite participation in planned projects this year, and to request more volunteer work hours.

The two hours went by and it was painless! We exchanged lots of stories and I did not feel discomfort (although there were a couple of lulls but silence never bothered me anyway). Today's triumph makes me want to hibernate though, now that I have reached my weekly quota of human interaction. ;-)

Meeting at my favorite coffee shop.
The mudslide and cappuccino were great.
We got free dark chocolates too!

No comments:

Post a Comment